About Google Translate
Translate 108 languages by typing, taking photos, and uploading documents.
Translate between almost all languages with high accuracy on Google Translate.
- Translate text via camera, photos or conversations instantly.
- Translate 59 languages offline.
- Log in to sync phrasebook across multiple devices.
- Text translation: Translate between 108 languages by typing
- Tap to Translate: Copy text in any app and tap the Google Translate icon to translate (all languages)
- Offline: Translate with no internet connection (59 languages)
- Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by just pointing your camera (94 languages)
- Photos: Take or import photos for higher quality translations (90 languages)
- Conversations: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (70 languages)
- Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing (96 languages)
- Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
- Cross-device syncing: Login to sync phrasebook between app and desktop
- Transcribe: Continuously translate someone speaking a different language in near real-time (8 languages)
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Kinyarwanda, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Odia (Oriya), Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uyghur, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Google Translate may ask for permission to access the following features:
- Microphone for speech translation
- Camera for translating text via the camera
- SMS for translating text messages
- External storage for downloading offline translation data
- Accounts and credentials for signing-in and syncing across devices